1 1 pouch Grounded CHEESE FREE CHEESE
1 jar salsa
For the chili:
1 tin kidney beans
1 tin diced tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 cup water
1 packet Beyond ground beef (use whatever meat alternative you prefer, or omit entirely)
spices: cumin, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
- In a large pot on medium heat, fry off onion with a spash of olive oil. Once soft (about 3 minutes), add the garlic and spices and fry for a further minute. Add a spash of water if needed to stop it from catching on the base of the pot.
- If you're using 'ground beef' or another protein, add it to the pot now. Fry it for a further minute to give it some color. Season with salt and pepper.
- Now add the tomato paste, tinned tomato, kidney beans and one cup of water. Simmer until the mixture is bubbling and has thickened to your desired consistency.
- To serve, spread tortilla chips onto a large dish. Top with a few dollups of the chilli and lashings of Grounded CHEESE FREE CHEESE sauce.
- Add your favorite toppings. We used jalepeno peppers, cilantro and hot salsa.