In 'N' Out Burger is famous for its 'secret menu' Animal Fries. Here's how to make them at home without the animal bits.
- a big bag of frozen fries
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 pouch Grounded CHEESE FREE CHEESE sauce
- Pre-heat oven. Break open that bag of frozen fries and cook as per packet instructions. Should you cut your own potato fries? No. Don't be ridiculous. This is not the time to get bougie.
- While the fries are baking, heat olive oil in a skillet and add the sliced onion, salt and brown sugar. Stir frequently until thick and caramelized.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, ketchup, pickle relish and vinegar. Now you've got a veganized thousand island dressing, which is a critical component of the recipe.
- To serve: tip fries into a serving dish. Top with caramelized onion, thousand island dressing, and lashings of CHEESE FREE CHEESE sauce. Enjoy.