Freekah is traditionally used as the base here, but if you’re gluten free you can easily substitute quinoa, buckwheat or even brown rice.
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup freekah (or cracked wheat or quinoa)
- 1/2 cup Puy lentils
- 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp baby capers
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1 pomegranate, deseeded, to serve
- 1 tub Grounded Marinated Hemp Seed GOAT cheese (reserve oil for the dressing)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Marinade from the GOAT cheese
- Sea salt to taste
- Blanch freekah and lentils separately in boiling water until both just cooked. Drain well and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, place the coriander, parsley, red onion, toasted nuts, seeds, pomegranate, capers and currants. Add the cooled freekah and lentils.
- To make the dressing, combine the ground cumin, honey, lemon juice and GOAT cheese marinade and stir well. Season to taste.
- Add dressing to the salad mixture and toss through.
- Top with Grounded Marinated Hemp Seed GOAT cheese.